An Open Letter to All

Aside from blogging, I occasionally (and I do mean this in every sense of the word.  I'm horrible at maintaining my social media accounts.) tweet under the username of @Snicketgirl1.  Although I may not visit the site very often, I do sign on throughout the months to check on the current tweets or make a few random ones of my own.  A few days ago, I logged back on as usual; however, this specific occasion was different.  In addition to the usual aspects of Twitter, I found a copycat account of myself, which had stolen one of my pictures and one of my previous bios.  My first reaction was one of irritation and anger: "Who is this? and "What do they think they're doing by copying my account?" were a few of the thoughts running through my head.  As these subsided, I realised the truths this incident had actually provided.  This simple act of imitation opened my heart to a larger matter; and, it is upon this topic, which I will dedicate the remainder of the post and invite all to read:

Dear reader,

Love yourself.  In all of your flawed glory, rejoice in your failures and remodel them into successes.  Do not hide behind the mask of another, but proudly accept who God created you to be upon this earth.  Are you a writer?  Write fearlessly!  Pen the words, which breath upon your heart and are longing to escape onto paper.  Do not allow the opinions of others to stifle your creative vision.  Are you a scientist?  Pursue your educated enquiries!  Discover the inner-workings of the universe, created by the Savior so long ago.  Amaze the scientific community with your intellect and ability.  Are you a teacher?  Share your knowledge freely!  Pass the lessons of the past onto the minds of the present.  From the criticism of parents and children, rise with the resolve to raise your pupils in truth.  Whatever your interest or profession, pursue it with undaunted courage and persistence, loving what makes you, "you."  If humans were all destined to be alike, differences in interests, intellects, and attributes, would not have been initiated.  Undoubtedly, individuality was the ultimate goal of design,and its rewards are not in imitations but in the embracing of its true nature. Do not seek comfort in the personalities of others, but rather, in the personality of yourself.  Imitation may be the "sincerest form of flattery," but embracing one's God-given individuality, is one of the highest blessings of all.  Love yourself.

 “For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgement, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully."
•{‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:3-8‬ ‭NIV‬‬}•


Factum Est
Zuri Sophilia Walker 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bacon, Grumpy Cat, and iWumbo

Touché Tuesday 12 (Shall I compare thee to an astonished cat?)

No Drama, Llama!